The Aziz Inclusion Award celebrates, on an annual basis, a university partner that has demonstrated excellence in bettering the British Muslim student experience on campus. The Foundation works in partnership with higher education institutions to co-develop inclusive learning environments for Muslim students.
Aziz Scholars and alumni will be given the first opportunity to produce the longlist of universities to be considered for the award. Scholars and alumni will be contacted via email and social media and asked to complete a nomination form for their host institution.
The longlist of universities will be announced via the Foundation’s website and social media platforms.
Longlisted institutions will then be contacted with a request for supplementary evidence to put forward their case for being shortlisted.
Then, a panel of judges, consisting of Foundation staff and trustees, as well as external stakeholders, will draw up the shortlist.
Lastly, the panel will reconvene to decide the winner and runner up. These will be announced at an Aziz Scholars social event by a representative of the Aziz Family.
(1) January – February: Nominations open for Aziz scholars and alumni to recommend University partners for the award
(2) March – April: Longlist of university partner nominees announced
(3) April – June: Call for supplementary evidence from longlisted institutions
(4) June/July: Panel of Judges convene to decide shortlist, duly announced through the Foundation’s channels
(5) August/September: Winner and runner-up announced